BACK TO SCHOOL
2 Kindergarten Kick Off 6-7 PM Auditorium
16 Ice Cream Social 6:30-8 PM Upper Parking Lot
20 Kindergarten Bus Ride 6:30 PM
22 Preschool Parent Orientation Meeting 6:30-7:30 PM Auditorium (NEW DATE – Moved from August 8)
20-23 Teacher In-Service
23 Meet the Teacher Night 6:30-8 PM Auditorium
27 First Day of School-Noon Dismissal
29 Four-year Old Preschool Open House/Meet the Teacher Night 6:30-7:30 PM
30 Three-Year Old Preschool Open House/Meet the Teacher Night 6:30-7:30 PM
Summer Reading List
Flynn O’Hara is not holding a trunk sale at BCS this summer, so Flynn O’Hara has sent a size run of the BCS uniform polos, banded bottom shirts, jumpers, skorts and kilts. If you are unsure of what size to order, please stop by the school office during office hours, and your child can try on the sample uniform item before you place your order. To place an online order with Flynn O’Hara visit the BCS custom school landing page. Plus, take advantage of the year-round free shipping promotion by entering: FREESHIP50 to receive free shipping on orders over $50. You can also call Flynn O’Hara toll-free at 800-441-4122 with questions and to place orders. Please Note: Be sure to order early, as orders placed after August 1st can not be guaranteed for delivery by the first day of school.
GYM UNIFORM ORDERS
Gym uniform orders can now be placed. To expedite the process, you may pre-order your uniforms online now and pick them up at the Ice Cream Social on August 16th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Additional gym uniforms will be on sale the night of the Ice Cream Social. If you are not available to attend the Ice Cream Social, orders placed will be sent home with your child after the first day of school. Orders will not be released to be sent home from school until payment has been received (simply send in your payment to the school office). Please make checks payable to Butler Catholic School PTG.
Questions and concerns can be emailed to PTG@butlercatholic.org.
FALL ATHLETIC REGISTRATION
Registration for Butler Catholic 2018 fall sports will take place now – September 7th.
All registrations will be done electronically. The Athletic Association will again utilize “League Lineup” for the registration process. You may access the registration form online by clicking the following link: http://www.leaguelineup.com/bcaa-bb
You will have the option to pay your child’s registration fee by check or credit card. The registration fee for the 2018-2019 school year will remain the same – $60 per child per sport.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What forms need completed to register my child for a fall sport?
Three (3) forms are needed to complete the registration process.
- Online Registration form – This form will be completed online and electronically sent to the Athletic Association (See link above).
- Physician release form – This form needs completed by your child’s health care provider. A Physician Release form must be submitted to the school office annually. The form must be up to date and on file, PRIOR to your child participating in any school-sponsored sport.
- Copy of Annual Physical – You may use the school form or the Physical form provided by your child’s heath care provider. A copy of the Physical must be submitted to the school office annually. The form must be up to date and on file, PRIOR to your child participating in any school- sponsored sport.
Where do I turn in the forms?
The online registration form will be automatically sent to the Athletic Association. The Physician Release and Physical form can be dropped off at the Ice Cream Social or to the school office. DO NOT give these forms to your child’s coach.
How do I pay the Registration Fee?
At the end of the online registration process, you will need to click on “pay by credit card” or “pay by check”. If you pay by credit card, the fee is automatically sent to the Athletic Association through PayPal and no other action is needed. If you pay by check, it can be dropped of at the Athletic Association table at the Ice Cream Social or sent in to the school office. Please DO NOT give your registration fee to your child’s coach.
Do I need a separate registration for each sport and/or each child?
Yes. A separate Online Registration form is needed for each sport and/or child. This is necessary so that accurate information can be provided to the coaches.
What are the 2018 fall sports being offered?
Volleyball (girls only)
Junior Varsity (for girls entering 4th, 5th, and 6th grades)
Varsity volleyball (for girls entering 7th and 8th grades)
Developmental (for children entering 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades)
Junior Varsity (for children entering 5th and 6th grades)
Varsity (for children entering 7th and 8th grades)
Cross Country (co-ed)
Junior Varsity (for children entering 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grades)
Varsity (for children entering 7th and 8th grades)
What does it cost for my child to participate?
The registration fee is $60 per child per sport. For example, if your child signs up for cross country and volleyball, the fee is $120. (The registration fees are used to pay for referees, timing services, field rentals and team registrations. Any remaining money is reinvested back into Butler Catholic School). Uniforms are provided as part of the registration fee. Please note that each sport may require specific shoes or safety equipment (shin guards for soccer or knee pads for volleyball) which ARE NOT provided by the school. See your child’s coach for specific information regarding needed equipment.
Do I need to provide a uniform deposit?
The Athletic Association will no longer collect and hold uniform deposit checks. This will reduce paper work for the coach and the school office. The child will be responsible for caring for and returning his/her uniform at the end of the season. Failure to pay for a lost or damaged uniform or failure to return the uniform at the end of the season may preclude the child from participating in future school sponsored sports.
Can I register my child for basketball or spring soccer now?
No. Basketball and spring soccer registration will take place at a later date. Information will be sent home during the year concerning basketball and spring soccer registration.
Helpful Registration Tips:
- The links to each Online Registration form are located in a box in the upper right corner of the League Lineup Welcome Page.
- There is a separate form for each sport. Make sure you use the correct form!
- If you have trouble accessing the site through the link above, you can also access the site through the school website at: https://www.butlercatholic.org/programs/athletics/Click on “Scores, Schedules, Updates”
- Once you begin the registration form, DO NOT click the back button in your browser or your data entry may be lost.
- Once you click on “Pay by Credit Card” or ” Pay by Check”, you can not change your method of payment. You must cancel the registration and start over.
- If paying by credit card, there may be a slight delay when linking to PayPal.