Butler Catholic School has established a uniform policy based on concern for the academic performance and behavior of the students. We ask that parents ensure that the uniform policy is adhered to by carefully supervising what the children wear to school. Should a problem arise with compliance, the principal will contact parents. The uniform for Butler Catholic consists of the following components:
The uniform supplier for Butler Catholic School is Flynn & O’Hara School Uniforms.
10905 Dutton Road
Philadelphia, PA 19154
- Items marked with an asterisk MUST be purchased thru Flynn & O’Hara who come on-site in mid-July or you can purchase via their website.
- Uniform resale dates are offered 1-2 times per year. Gently used uniforms are available to sell or purchase.
|Banded Bottom Shirt*||White
Aug. 1-Oct. 31 & May 1 thru the End of School
|Navy||Pleated Relaxed Fit||NOT
- Navy blue, white, black or gray above the anklebone socks or stockings are to be worn
at all times. This means at least 1” above the anklebone. Peds and leggings are not
- Tennis shoes are permitted.
- Backless shoes or clogs are not permitted – Safety Issue.
- All shoes must be securely and properly tied at all times.
- Denim is not permitted – except when using a Jeans/Tennies pass.
- Makeup of any kind is not permitted.
- All shirts & blouses must be tucked in except for the banded bottom shirts.
- Only the BCS logo is permitted (not required) on blouses, shirts and sweaters.
- Jewelry may be worn if not a distraction.
- Belts with a buckle are to be worn in Grades 4-8 – both girls and boys.
- Boys’ shorts may be worn from August thru October 31 and again from May 1 to the end of the school year.
- School spirit sweatshirts & hoodies may be worn from November 1 thru April 30. Approved School Spirit wear only.
- Gym uniforms MUST be purchased through Butler Catholic School
- Kindergarten – students may dress for school wearing the appropriate gym uniform on their gym day.
- 1st thru 8th Grade – students must bring their gym uniform clothes to school and change for gym.
Jeans and Tennies Day Pass
How to Earn
Students have the opportunity to earn Jeans and Tennies Passes in several ways:
- Special Days – Occasionally Sister will designate a day as a “Free Jeans and Tennies” Day
- Student Council – Student Council will have a Jeans and Tennies Day (sometimes called a “Dress Down Day”) where the students will have to pay a dollar, which will be donated to a charity, to be permitted to wear jeans.
- Purchase – You may purchase a pack of 10 passes for $10. Limit 2 packs per child
with the first pack purchased by November 1st and the 2nd pack by March 1st. Jean
passes expire at the end of the current school year.
Rules & Regulations for Jeans and Tennies Days
- Must turn in a Jeans and Tennies Pass on the day you wear jeans.
- Blue Denim jeans are the only items allowable.
- Jeans must fit at the waist and be an appropriate length.
- Blue denim capri jeans are allowable.
- NO jean shorts.
- NO ripped jeans.
- NO sweatpants, wind pants, or leggings.
- NO jeans are to be worn on Mass days (including Chapel Mass).
- Underclothing is NOT to be visible.
- Skin is NOT to be visible (no midriff tops, visible underclothing or low waist jeans
allowing skin to show).
- School shirts are NOT required to be worn.
- Appropriate tops or tee shirts are permitted.
- No tank tops, camisoles, spaghetti straps or sleeveless shirt of any kind.
- Jeans may not be worn more than 2 times during a week.
- Passes are not transferable EXCEPT to siblings.