Three Annual Fundraisers
Three major fundraisers are organized each year to benefit the educational needs of the students that attend Butler Catholic School. Those fundraisers include the Winter Wonderland Auction, the Irish Derby and the BCS Golf Outing.
- Winter Wonderland Auction. The Winter Wonderland Auction is an annual auction held in November that benefits Butler Catholic School. Held in the theme-decorated school gymnasium, it is a beautiful evening of food, fun, and fellowship! Items are donated by generous BCS families and the surrounding community. There are live and silent auctions, specialty raffles and more!
- Irish Derby. The Irish Derby is an evening that consists of watching 10 thoroughbred horse races on video. Friends and family of the Butler Catholic are invited to support the school by sponsoring a race, naming a horse, or taking a chance on selecting the race winner. This is a fun, adult only, BYOB event.
- Golf Outing. The Butler Catholic School Benefit Golf Outing is a 4-person scramble tournament held at Lake Arthur Golf Course each spring. The day includes a picnic style lunch, refreshments, an evening pig roast and prizes awarded to the top three scramble teams. There are also a number of other fun competitions including individual hole competitions for men, women, and junior golfers such as closest to the pin, long drive, long putt, straightest drive; Hole-in-One prizes for each of the Par 3 holes; Honest John Team Competition; Hit the Green Contest and a Cash Putting Contest.
Additional Voluntary Fundraisers
There are a number of voluntary fundraisers that families and friends of Butler Catholic School can help with in order to support programs, events, and school purchases. There is no obligation for a school family to participate, however any help is greatly appreciated!
- Box Tops for Education. Save Box Tops on items you purchase, and send them into the school office.
- Campbell Soup Labels. Send you Campbell Soup labels into the office to help get free merchandise for BCS.
- Capri Sun Packets. During lunch, students can place their finished Capri sun packets in a special bin in the cafeteria. Help support the school by sending in your empty Capri Sun packets.
- Giant Eagle Advantage Card/Apples for Students. Apples for the Students is a long-standing program of Giant Eagle that allows shoppers to register their Giant Eagle Advantage Cards® and help earn points for the school. With every scan of a registered card at the cash register, Butler Catholic School builds its point base. Points can be used for educational awards such as technology, and classroom supplies, as well as many other awards. The steps to register are:
- Internet Shopping. Help BCS every time you shop online. Go to: goodshop.com
Every time you make an online purchase through the website up to 30% goes to BCS.
- Internet Surfing. Use this search engine for your search instead of Google or Yahoo and BCS gets a penny for every search. Go to: goodsearch.com
- Donate old and out-of-service cellular phones and recycle used inkjet, laser printer cartridges. Place items in the box located in the school foyer. Also, please recycle your papers by putting them in the two large bins located in the school’s upper parking lot. Please do not place phone books, wrapping paper or cardboard in the recycling containers.