BACK TO SCHOOL
Mark Your Calendars
August 23rd – Meet the Teacher Night, 6:30 – 8 PM, Auditorium
August 28th – First Day of School, 7:55 AM start, Noon Dismissal
August 28th – Preschool Parent Meeting, 7-8 PM, Auditorium
August 30th – 4-Year Old Preschool Classroom Visit, 6:30-7:30 PM
August 31st – 3-Year Old Preschool Classroom Visit, 6:30-7:30 PM
September 6th – 4-Year Old Preschool First Day of School
September 7th – 3-Year Old Preschool First Day of School
Important Dates July and August Events
Summer Reading List
BCS Gym Uniform Orders
Gym uniform orders can be placed until Friday, September 15th. Orders will be sent home from school with your child once payment is received.
Questions and concerns can be emailed to PTG@butlercatholic.org.
Fall Athletic Registration
Registration for Butler Catholic 2017 fall sports will take place August 14th – August 28th. Registration closes August 28, 2017. No registrations will be accepted after this date.
All registrations will be done electronically. The Athletic Association will again utilize “League Lineup” for the registration process. You may access the registration form online by clicking the following link: http://www.leaguelineup.com/bcaa-bb
You will have the option to pay your child’s registration fee by check or credit card. The registration fee for the 2017-2018 school year will remain the same – $60 per child per sport.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What forms need completed to register my child for a fall sport?
Three (3) forms are needed to complete the registration process.
- Online Registration form – This form will be completed online and electronically sent to the Athletic Association (See link above).
- Physician release form – This form needs completed by your child’s health care provider. A Physician Release form must be submitted to the school office annually. The form must be up to date and on file, PRIOR to your child participating in any school-sponsored sport.
- Copy of Annual Physical – You may use the school form or the Physical form provided by your child’s heath care provider. A copy of the Physical must be submitted to the school office annually. The form must be up to date and on file, PRIOR to your child participating in any school- sponsored sport.
Where do I turn in the forms?
The online registration form will be automatically sent to the Athletic Association. The Physician Release and Physical form can be dropped off at the Ice Cream Social or to the school office. DO NOT give these forms to your child’s coach.
How do I pay the Registration Fee?
At the end of the online registration process, you will need to click on “pay by credit card” or “pay by check”. If you pay by credit card, the fee is automatically sent to the Athletic Association through PayPal and no other action is needed. If you pay by check, it can be dropped of at the Athletic Association table at the Ice Cream Social or sent in to the school office. Please DO NOT give your registration fee to your child’s coach.
Do I need a separate registration for each sport and/or each child?
Yes. A separate Online Registration form is needed for each sport and/or child. This is necessary so that accurate information can be provided to the coaches.
What are the 2017 fall sports being offered?
Volleyball (girls only)
Junior Varsity (for girls entering 4th, 5th, and 6th grades)
Varsity volleyball (for girls entering 7th and 8th grades)
Interested in participating in volleyball? Attend Open Gym Practice, Tuesday, August 22nd and Friday, August 25th: 6:00-7:30 PM St. Fidelis Gym.
Developmental (for children entering 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grades)
Junior Varsity (for children entering 5th and 6th grades)
Varsity (for children entering 7th and 8th grades)
Cross Country (co-ed)
Junior Varsity (for children entering 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th grades)
Varsity (for children entering 7th and 8th grades)
What does it cost for my child to participate?
The registration fee is $60 per child per sport. For example, if your child signs up for cross country and volleyball, the fee is $120. (The registration fees are used to pay for referees, timing services, field rentals and team registrations. Any remaining money is reinvested back into Butler Catholic School). Uniforms are provided as part of the registration fee. Please note that each sport may require specific shoes or safety equipment (shin guards for soccer or knee pads for volleyball) which ARE NOT provided by the school. See your child’s coach for specific information regarding needed equipment.
Do I need to provide a uniform deposit?
The Athletic Association will no longer collect and hold uniform deposit checks. This will reduce paper work for the coach and the school office. The child will be responsible for caring for and returning his/her uniform at the end of the season. Failure to pay for a lost or damaged uniform or failure to return the uniform at the end of the season may preclude the child from participating in future school sponsored sports.
Can I register my child for basketball or spring soccer now?
No. Basketball and spring soccer registration will take place at a later date. Information will be sent home during the year concerning basketball and spring soccer registration.
Helpful Registration Tips:
- The links to each Online Registration form are located in a box in the upper right corner of the League Lineup Welcome Page.
- There is a separate form for each sport. Make sure you use the correct form!
- If you have trouble accessing the site through the link above, you can also access the site through the school website at: http://www.butlercatholic.org/programs/athletics/Click on “Scores, Schedules, Updates”
- Once you begin the registration form, DO NOT click the back button in your browser or your data entry may be lost.
- Once you click on “Pay by Credit Card” or ” Pay by Check”, you can not change your method of payment. You must cancel the registration and start over.
- If paying by credit card, there may be a slight delay when linking to PayPal.