We understand that investing in a Catholic education for your child is an important financial decision. At Butler Catholic, we are committed to making this choice accessible to as many families as possible. The following is a review of the tuition at Butler Catholic as well as scholarships and financial aid available to you. We encourage you to contact Principal, Sister John Ann Mulhern, to discuss any financial concerns. The approximate cost of educating each child at Butler Catholic School is $5,500. However, tuition is set at only about 70% of that total cost. There is also a generous family discount to help accommodate families with more than one child.
Tuition Schedule 2017-2018
Kindergarten – 8th Grade
Tuition is paid in 11 monthly installments, July through May.
|Family Size||1 Child||2 Children||3 Children||1 Child||2 Children|
|Monthly Tuition Payment||$364||$541||$710||$500||$682|
Preschool tuition is paid in 9 monthly installments, September through May.
|4-year olds (half day)||$132.00||$1,180.00|
|4-year olds (all day)||$252.00||$2,260.00|
In addition to tuition, there are additional financial commitments each year. They are as follows:
There is a non-refundable registration fee of $125 per family in Grades K-8. If you have a child in Preschool and K-8, the Preschool registration is included in the $125. If you only have a child in Preschool, the nonrefundable registration fee is $35.
Fundraising Participation (K-8 Families)
Each family is asked to participate in two contract fundraisers: Steelers raffle tickets and BC Bucks. Participation in these fundraisers help balance our Operating Budget and keep our tuition low.
- Each family must sell 20 Steelers raffle tickets for a BCS profit of $200.
- Each family is also required to participate in the BC Bucks program for a BCS rebate of $275. Families purchase gift cards from Butler Catholic and use those cards to shop for their usual purchases. This is not an additional financial cost for your family, but can be used to reduce your tuition cost up to $600 per year.
- Each gift card purchased through BC Bucks carries a rebate which can be shared with the family in the form of a tuition credit, once financial commitments are met. Tuition Assistance from BC Bucks/Scrip Program will begin after the total $275 amount is reached. BC Bucks rebate will then be split between the family and BCS, with 50% of the rebate going to family Tuition Assistance and 50% going to the School Budget.
- If a family wishes, they may BUY OUT of the contract fundraisers by paying the $475 Buyout Fee. If selected, this fee will be prorated and paid monthly with the tuition payments.
- Participation in fundraising is not required for Preschool families.
Note: If a family has a student in Preschool plus another student in K-8, the family commitment for service hours and fundraising participation is set at the K-8 level. There is not an additional commitment for Preschool.
Service Hours (K-8 Families)
At Butler Catholic, we encourage family participation at our school. Parent volunteers are vital for many school programs, including cafeteria help, playground monitors, library aides, homeroom helpers, athletics, and many more. In order to run these programs, families are required to volunteer 40 hours of service to the school throughout the year.
- Service Hours may be completed by any family member 16 years of age or older. Anyone over the age of 18 must have all Diocesan clearances.
- If fewer than 40 volunteer hours are recorded, the difference will be charged at $10/hour on the last tuition statement.
- Participation in service hours is not required for Preschool families.
If a family wishes, they may BUY OUT the Service Hours by paying the $400 Buyout Fee. If selected, this fee will be prorated and paid monthly with the tuition payments.
You have an important financial decision to make for your family. You must decide how to finance your child’s education at Butler Catholic School. The following is a brief summary of the tuition assistance programs available to you to help you afford this investment in your child. The Pastors and Principal at Butler Catholic School want to be a support to you in this process of financing your child’s tuition. We want to make sure that you have investigated and understand every option available to you. If you have any questions, please contact the school at 724-285-4276. Registration fees and tuition comprise 60% – 65% of the income for Butler Catholic School. Tuition assistance is available through the funds listed as well as a tuition credit program. Catholic rates are lower due to the Parish subsidy. You may inquire about a Parish subsidy from your own Parish and possibly reduce your amount of tuition.
2018-2019 Tuition Aid Application Process
Aid applications for the 2018-19 school year will be processed by FACTS Management. Families applying for tuition aid in Catholic schools within the Diocese of Pittsburgh may do so by using the Grant & Aid application online link. The 2018-2019 amounts will be shown when received from the Commonwealth.
2017-2018 EITC/OSTC Income Maximums
# of Dependents
|**Add $15,530 for each additional dependent|
Following aid funds will be available to families depending on their eligibility.
- Bishop’s Education Fund (BEF): This grant program is for Catholic students in grades K-12 attending eligible schools and registered in eligible parishes. This form requires the Pastor’s signature. This form will need to be signed by the pastor and uploaded to FACTS.
- Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC): This grant program is for any student in grades Preschool to 12 (Catholic or Non-Catholic) attending any eligible Catholic school in the Diocese of Pittsburgh that meet maximum income levels.
- Opportunity Scholarship Tax Credit (OSTC): This grant program is for families with students in grades K-12 who meet EITC income guidelines and reside within the attendance boundaries of low-achieving schools as determined by the Commonwealth.
The application fee for 2018-19 is $25. The application deadline, is March 15, 2018. If individual families have extenuating circumstances in meeting the deadline, we will be as flexible as possible in accommodating them.
After completing the online application, you will need to upload or fax all required supporting documentation. For a detailed list of supporting documentation please read the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Program Information Flyer.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 1-866-441-4637 or call the school office at 724-285-4276. All information needed to apply can also be found on the diocesan website.
Butler Area Assistance Programs
- AmeriKohl Scholarship: This fund will make limited monies available to current and prospective students/families of Butler Catholic School and also for Catholic high school education. The fund is available to qualified families who are members of St. Fidelis parish. You must contact your Pastor to inquire about eligibility.
- Catholic Education Scholarship Fund: This fund will make limited monies available to current and prospective students/families of Butler Catholic School and also for Catholic high school education. The fund is available to qualified families who are members of St. Michael the Archangel, Saint Paul and St. Peter parishes. For families who meet the needs criteria, it will make Catholic education even more affordable. Please contact your pastor to inquire about eligibility.
One last thought to leave you with regarding an education at Butler Catholic School. Things that we purchase for our children come and go, but the gifts of quality academics, stimulating faith formation, and high self-esteem they receive at Butler Catholic School last a lifetime. We hope you give your child that gift!